Wednesday, April 15, 2009

40 weeks and STILL counting










So tomorrow officially marks my due date and though Adam and I are ready, the baby doesn't seem to want to play by the rules. I did get some last minute shopping done, I went today and bought a DVD camera transfer device which will allow us to transfer video from our video camera and from our regular digital camera to DVD. I also bought a new digital camera which we were in desperate need of.

I went to the Dr. today and she said I'm now 75% effaced, but I'm ZERO dialated which was discouraging. Oh well. I guess the baby will come when it's ready, regardless of what the calendar says. I said at the very beginning that I wanted to have it April 22, since that's the day Adam and I met. Now I guess I've jinxed it. I go back to the Dr. tomorrow morning for a routine sono. They want to check the fluid around the baby which they say is standard procedure now that I've hit 40 weeks. THEN, I have another appointment on Monday for a non-stress test and that's when they will schedule me to be induced, unless the baby decides to come this weekend. I did take a picture today since I hit the 40 week mark. I also took pictures of the baby's coming home outfits. Obviously, one for a boy and one for a girl. I'm anxious to know what it is. The heartbeat today was 158. I'm back to thinking it may be a girl, but who knows. I'll keep you all posted.




No comments:

Post a Comment