Sunday, March 1, 2009

Child Birth Classes

So yesterday Adam and I spent a sweet little Saturday at the Health Center in Child Birth Education Classes. Adam actually handled it pretty well. I'll be honest, I was scared that there would be more laughing on his part than seriousness but I was wrong. It was actually a very informative class but checked us both back into the reality of the possibility that many things can go wrong. We're just hoping for a healthy baby to get here, whatever needs to happen.

The one part that daddy-to-be did not do so well at was the breathing exercises. First, he kept making me laugh. She told us to use daddy's eyes for the focal point, which I DID NOT DO from the start. I knew that would never work. But he caught my attention and made me laugh anyway. The guy next to us passing gas didn't help either. I was just thankful that he belonged to someone else and not me. I thought his wife was going to kill him and Adam of course, couldn't stop laughing.

Anyway, we made it thru and I feel a little more prepared for what's to come. Adam's parents are coming up this weekend and were supposed to bring Chloe back with them. They've had her for 2 weeks, allowing her to enjoy the country life, but they are bringing some furniture up for us this week and can't fit Chloe and the furniture. I have to say I'm excited. I miss my dog!!!

2 comments:

  1. i don't think I could've kept a straight face after a flatuation either, he!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So when will be your first trip back to iowa???

    ReplyDelete