Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Baby Shower Trip to Iowa



This weekend was my family baby shower in Iowa. Adam and I left Erie at about 2 PM on Thursday. We hit some nasty weather, but made it into FM at about 1AM Friday morning. We had a great time and got to see tons of our family. The shower was such a success. My sister, and 2 sister-in-laws did an amazing job along with all the hard work my aunts put in. I'm not itching to go shopping with all the giftcards we got, though I have no clue where I'm going to put all our new stuff because the baby's room is nowhere near complete. We're waiting for him/her to get here. Most of the family seemed to be split 50/50 on the boy/girl guessing. Kathy though is wishing super hard for a girl. Hard enough I think that it actually may happen. As you can see, Adam Benda and Rach did a great job at making the diaper cake. I can't believe Adam helped!!!




Sunday I got to have lunch with my girls. I can't tell you what amazing friends I have. Everyday with them is like I've never missed a day at all. We can always just pick right up where we left off and I love it. Danielle, Ally, and Heidi weren't able to make it, but Torrie and her precious baby Blake came down along with Jen, Rianna, Erin and Kim. Mama Suz was also there. We ate and ate and the food was amazing. Who could have guessed this group would have become so domesticated?
Sadly, I didn't get any pictures of Aiden, (who turned 3 on Saturday) or Kadence. Just videos of them, so I'm going to work on getting those up here. Talk about cute. I could have stolen both of them. I had Aiden convinced that PA was the place to be. Once he heard about our "Mickel Donalds" play place and playing with Carter, our nephew, he was hooked, but grandma said no.
The way home was another day full of adventures. We decided to leave Sunday night on account of the weather, and I'm so glad we did. We hit nasty snow twice. Once we pulled over and took a three hour nap, which was much needed. Oh, and twice, count it twice, we got a flat tire. One actually blew up, and the other was flat when we awoke from our nap. We were sleeping at a gas station, but as our luck would have it, the air pump there was broken. Lucky for us, the next gas station was only a mile away, (you know how there are 60 miles between anything on I-80) so we made it, only to stop in Toledo, OH and get two new tires.

2 comments:

  1. Good thing Baby Beer wasn't with you! You probably shouldn't make the drive without Adam EVER (including June) because what if you and Baby Beer had to pull over for 3 hours and got 2 flat tires. I couldn't imagine. So did you book the flight yet :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have mad diaper cake making skills. You can hire me for only 7k an hour, trust me it's worth it. It was so glad to have you two back home, but I'm glad your gone. Kidding of course...or am I? :P

    ReplyDelete